This site is the gateway to ontology-related research on logic and reasoning at
headed by Rudi Studer.
Our research covers the whole range of logic and reasoning aspects related to the Semantic Web. We can classify it roughly into the following - purposefully non-disjoint - categories.
- Stream Reasoning
- Commonsense reasoning
- Logic and Lattices
- Reasoning Infrastructure
Many (current and former) people at AIFB and FZI frequently contribute to the activities reported on this site. They are acknowledged on the corresponding topic pages. The current core reasoning team is as follows.
- Sudhir Agarwal (assistant professor)
- Darko Anicic (PhD student)
- Jürgen Bock (PhD student)
- Martin Junghans (PhD student)
- Anees ul Mehdi (PhD student)
- Nadeschda Nikitina (PhD student)
- Sebastian Rudolph (assistant professor, lead)
- Michael Schneider (PhD student)
- Sinan Sen (PhD student)
- Sebastian Speiser (PhD student)
- Steffen Stadtmüller (PhD student)
- Jens Wissmann (assistant professor)
- Stephan Grimm (assistant professor)
- Peter Haase (assistant professor)
- Pascal Hitzler (assistant professor)
- Markus Krötzsch (postdoc)
- Yue Ma (PhD student)
- Yiorgos Trimponias (PhD student)
- Tuvshintur Tserendorj (PhD student)
- Guilin Qi (postdoc)
Currently running projects which are devoted fully or in part to OntoLoRe topics:
Recently closed projects:
written or edited by OntoLoRe members
- Pascal Hitzler, Markus Krötzsch, Sebastian Rudolph, Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies. Textbooks in Computing, Chapman and Hall / CRC Press, 2009.
- Pascal Hitzler, Henrik Schärfe (eds.), Conceptual Structures in Practice. Studies in Informatics Vol. 2, Chapman & Hall / CRC Press, to appear 2009.
- Pascal Hitzler, Markus Krötzsch, Sebastian Rudolph, York Sure, Semantic Web - Grundlagen. Springer, 2008.
- Rudi Studer, Stephan Grimm, Andreas Abecker (eds.), Semantic Web Services: Concepts, Technologies, and Applications. Springer, 2007.
Please contact any of the above-mentioned persons if you have questions about this site or about our work.